Pros And Cons Of Monitored Vs. Unmonitored Security Systems In Lawrence
You realize you must protect your home. Beyond everything else, it supplies shelter for your spouse and children and is where you keep your valuables. But what is the ideal form of home defense? Whether or not to utilize 24/7 monitoring is one of the leading considerations you will make. Learn more about the pros and cons of monitored vs. unmonitored security systems in Lawrence and get a better idea of what’s best for you.
Differences Between Monitored Vs. Unmonitored Home Security Systems
When you choose 24-hour monitoring, your home’s defense connects to an external monitoring organization that is set to provide help at all times. Whenever an entrypoint sensor trips or a fire alarm goes off, your monitoring professionals receive an instant notification. They will work quickly to confirm the alarm and contact the applicable emergency professionals.
On the other hand, an unmonitored security system doesn’t come with professional backup. You can consider this to be self-monitoring, which indicates that if your system is tripped, you need to take action to resolve it. This choice is the cheaper alternative, but it also puts all the responsibility on your shoulders.
Pros And Cons Of A Monitored Security System In Lawrence
Here’s a quick overview of the advantages and drawbacks of a monitored security system.
Benefits Of Monitored Systems
- Improved security: Having 24-hour support on your side is always wise. If you are not on site, sleeping, or without your cell phone, your property and those inside will still be protected.
- Speedier response: Monitoring professionals are always ready. They’ll respond faster to alarms than you can on your own.
- Insurance savings: Monitored home security systems might qualify you for a homeowners insurance discount.
- Superior components and smooth integration: When you receive tools, installation, and monitoring from a trusted home security provider, you will enjoy a cohesive system with sensors and alarms that may be better than what you will discover independently.
Cons Of A Monitored System
- Cost: There is a monthly fee for monitoring.
- Usually required to get your system installed professionally: Countless residents prefer to have the install taken care of by experienced professionals, but some might want to handle it on their own.
- Required to sign a contract: You will usually have to sign a contract when getting monitoring. This will be satisfactory for most as home security is a service you will want long term.
Advantages And Drawbacks Of An Unmonitored Security System In Lawrence
Here’s a quick breakdown of the benefits and downsides of an unmonitored security system.
Pros Of An Unmonitored System
- Cost: You won’t incur a monitoring charge.
- Self-installation: Some might deem this to be an advantage as they can install the system themselves and circumvent an installation fee. Other residents will want to go with a skilled technician.
- Greater Flexibility: You are able to integrate devices whenever you wish - and from different manufacturers. Taking that into account, you may find assembling into a seamless system more challenging.
- You’re always in charge: There won’t be an outside company monitoring your system. If something happens, it’s up to you to get assistance.
Cons Of An Unmonitored System
- No support system: What happens when you’ve misplaced your smartphone and don’t receive a security alert? This scenario will lead to additional stress and decrease your peace of mind.
- Demands your full attention: Since you are the sole person in charge, you must never stray too far from your home security app.
- No help setting up the system: If you need help during an installation, you might have to hire a separate service professional. The installation process is also likely to take more time.
Defend Your Property With a Monitored Home Security System In Lawrence
Get the round-the-clock support you deserve with a monitored home security system in Lawrence from Secure24 Alarm Systems. We’re sure you’ll agree that a fully integrated, monitored home security system is the right option for your family. Dial (785) 268-2728 today to get started.