In the olden days, your home security devices were limited to where a wire could be connected. Forget placing a security camera on a table or governing your components with a mobile device. But, home security is not like it used to be, and that’s largely due to the development of wireless systems. You now have an array of added perks at your disposal -- like system access from anywhere, devices that function as part of a cohesive network, and quicker installs. Wireless home security systems in Lawrence will protect your home while making your life easier.
What To Consider When Going Wireless
First and foremost, wireless home security systems need a reliable internet and Wi-Fi connection to function properly. If you have high-speed internet and a decent Wi-Fi router, you’re on the right path for a wireless setup.
If you have concerns about the internet going down or the loss of power, search for systems that have battery and cellular backups in place to keep you connected to your monitoring professionals without interruption.
In the event you live in a more rural area without reliable access to internet or cellular services, a wired installation will likely be a wiser option. Or It could also make more sense from a financial standpoint to opt for a wired installation if you live in a residence that already has wiring in place.
Perks Of Wireless Home Security Systems
Both traditional wired and wireless home security systems in Lawrence will elevate your property’s protection, which is the primary objective to begin with. However, if you prefer the chance of having the latest technology, consider the following perks of wireless:
- Access from anywhere: Enjoy access to all the devices in your residence from your locking systems to your thermostat directly from your mobile device with the ADT Control app. You are able to view camera footage, activate your smart lights, and even arm your system in the event you forgot to do so. If an intrusion or emergency takes place, you are able to have alerts sent straight to your mobile device.
- Easy installation and customizing: Forget about the countless wires, crumbling drywall, and time-consuming installs. One of the greatest facets of wireless devices is that you are able to place them practically wherever you want and with little time or effort. If you wish to update later with new equipment, bringing devices into your network is easy.
- Communications between devices: Wireless functionality makes smart home interactions a possibility with fast, two-way communications. Program your components to take action in certain scenarios to boost your security and dissuade home invasions. For instance, if your outside surveillance detects suspicious movement along your home’s perimeter, it can prompt your entryway lights to engage.
Downsides Of Wireless Home Security Systems In Lawrence
Although wireless home security systems in Lawrence are known to be a good choice, it’s understandable if you have a few reservations about using one. Here are some of the common sources of concern:
- Battery-operated wireless components may fail when the battery dies. While this might be true, your smart implements will alert you whenever batteries are low and need to be replaced.
- Sensors usually need to be placed within a specified distance from your home’s command center. ADT offers range extenders for some packages to enhance your flexibility.
- Like other computer networks, the fear of being hacked exists. You can take steps to prevent this by using secure passwords, always changing default passwords or settings, and using a router with a built-in firewall. In addition, you should only employ security devices with encryption of 128-bit or more.
Thinking About Going Wireless? Reach Out To Your Security Professionals
Have you decided to take advantage of the current advancements in Lawrence wireless home security? Contact us at (785) 268-2728 to speak with the security experts at Secure24 Alarm Systems. Our experts will assist you in designing the most suitable package for your residence.