Home security cameras can solely be used as a hindrance—something that tells criminals or intruders that “we see you.” Or you can leverage your home security cameras to tighten your home’s defenses.
Thankfully, modern security cameras arrive equipped with an array of tools all built to deliver all-encompassing protection for your residence. Whether it’s 2-way talk and recording functionality or infrared night vision and fast action motion sensors, these tools help you to utilize the most from home security cameras in Lawrence.
How To Set Up Your Lawrence Home Security Cameras For Top-Of-The-Line Protection
Placing your home security cameras on the perfect locations around your home is the best place to begin with home security.. Indoor security cameras work best when placed in common areas such as the living room or den. It’s also a smart notion to install a camera pointed at main hallways, stairs, or other common areas criminals would have to enter through to get to the rest of your house. Exterior security cameras ideally offer you a clear view of your porch, driveway, and yards, garage, and other outdoor detached buildings, like sheds. And you can easily get a view of your front porch with a subtle doorbell camera.
There are areas inside your interior that aren’t quite as imperative to watch like bedrooms, bathrooms, and cellars. Even if you have expensive items in your bedroom, setting a camera in the room may reduce your privacy. You can always add window or motion sensors if you desire a form of device in bedrooms.
Additions That Enhance Video Surveillance
Component layout is only the beginning in utilizing the all you can out of home security cameras in Lawrence. The innovations described below help to maximize security and enhance overall home security.
- Motion detection: See automatic messages on your mobile device the instant unusual movement is sensed. You can also program cameras to automatically start filming when activity is detected which serves to add to camera recording time.
- Recording and storage: Program your security cameras to record and back up clips to the cloud for easy playback anytime.
- 2-way talk: Nearly all of modern security cameras include a built-in microphone and speaker so you can actually chat with anyone through the unit. Via your security app, you can act like you’re inside the building or greet your kids as they arrive back from school.
- Wide field of vision: Field of view, or how wide camera footage is, allows for a more comprehensive view of any space. Opt for cameras that allow for a minimum of 120° coverage or that can pan all the way around for superior visibility.
- Night vision: Double check that your security cameras have either LED or infrared sensors that can produce video of pitch black motion.
- Activity zones: To make security updates more targeted, create activity zones. For example, you can tell your doorbell camera to alert you of activity occurring on your yard or your driveway and ignore animals passing or foot traffic.
- Mobile app: security app, like ADT Control®, enable you to view live camera feeds, direct cameras, toggle on and off the system, and capture events. Most importantly, the app will send up-to-date alerts when the detect unusual motion around your house.
Get Your Video Surveillance Today
Getting the most out of your home security cameras in Lawrence is more simple. From lightning quick motion detection to 2-way audio, your security system rises from simply a deterrent to an unbreakable defense. Call (785) 268-2728 or complete the form below to get started personalizing your security system today.